Page With Left Sidebar

Here is a basic page layout with a left sidebar

How do I obtain a divorce attorney if I do not have any money?

If one party lacks the financial ability to obtain counsel, the court, under the authority of F.S. 61.16, may order temporary attorney’s fees. The court must consider the financial need and ability to pay of each party and the reasonableness and necessity for temporary attorney’s fees as they would for a final judgment of attorney’s fees. The court has determined the lodestar method of determining attorney’s fees to be inapplicable for temporary awards because it can be difficult to estimate the amount of time needed for legal services in the future. However, evidence should be presented attesting to the reasonableness of the temporary fees prior to the court awarding them.

Back to Attorney’s Fees FAQ