What if I am paying child support from a previous marriage?

F.S. 61.30(f) addresses the issue of providing support for prior-born children and allows a deduction from gross income for court-ordered support payments that have been paid. The court may also consider the party’s duty to support children who are not subject to court-ordered support payments. These obligations will not be deducted from gross income, but rather will be considered as modifications to the support guidelines.

Back to Child Support FAQs